Astrological Remedies in Vedic Astrology – Vedic astrology is a system of knowledge that helps us understand our past, present and future. It reveals the effects of the planets in Vedic Astrology and stars on our lives, and also provides us with tools to overcome the challenges and fulfill our desires. These tools are called astrological remedies, and they are based on the principles of karma, dharma and free will.
What are astrological remedies?
Astrological remedies are actions that we can perform to reduce the negative effects of inauspicious planets and nakshatras, and enhance the positive effects of auspicious ones. They are also known as upayas (means) or pariharas (solutions) in Sanskrit².
There are various types of Astrological Remedies available in Vedic astrology, such as:
- Mantras: Sacred sounds or words that have the power to invoke the blessings of the deities associated with the planets².
- Tantras: Rituals or practices that involve the use of yantras (geometrical diagrams), symbols, colors, herbs, metals, etc. to create a positive energy field around us².
- Gems: Precious stones that have the ability to absorb and transmit the cosmic rays of the planets, and thus balance their energies in our body and mind⁴.
- Rudrakshas: Seeds of a sacred tree that have different faces or mukhis, each representing a different aspect of Lord Shiva or a planet. They can be worn as beads or malas to protect us from evil influences and enhance our spiritual power².
- Fasts: Abstaining from food or certain types of food on specific days of the week or month, dedicated to certain planets or deities. This helps us to purify our body and mind, and also express our devotion and gratitude².
- Donations: Giving away money, food, clothes, or other items to the needy or to a temple, according to the nature of the planet that needs to be appeased. This helps us to reduce our ego and attachment, and also generate good karma³.
- Meditations: Focusing our mind on a particular planet, deity, mantra, yantra, or breath, to calm our emotions and thoughts, and also connect with our higher self³.
How to use Astrological Remedies?
Astrological remedies can be used for various purposes, such as:
- To overcome problems related to health, wealth, career, marriage, children, education, etc.
- To achieve success in endeavors such as business, exams, competitions, interviews, etc.
- To improve our relationships with family, friends, partners, colleagues, etc.
- To enhance our personality traits such as confidence, courage, intelligence, creativity, etc.
- To develop our spiritual qualities such as wisdom, compassion, peace, joy, etc.
The first step to use astrological remedies is to Astrology consultation Consult a qualified astrologer who can analyze our birth chart and suggest the most suitable remedies for us. The astrologer can also advise us on the best time and method to perform the remedies.
The second step is to follow the instructions of the astrologer with faith and sincerity. We should not expect instant results from the remedies, but rather trust that they will work in due course of time. We should also not perform any remedy without proper guidance or knowledge.
The third step is to combine the Astrological Remedies with our own efforts and actions. We should not rely solely on the remedies to solve our problems or fulfill our desires. We should also do our best to follow our dharma (duty), avoid adharma (sin), and exercise our free will (choice) wisely.
Examples of Astrological Remedies
Here are some examples of astrological remedies for different planets:
Sun: The Sun represents our soul, ego, authority, leadership, fame, and vitality. If the Sun is weak or afflicted in our chart, we may face problems such as lack of confidence, insecurity, inferiority complex, low self-esteem, health issues related to heart, eyes, bones, etc.
Some of the remedies for Sun are:
- Chanting or listening to the Gayatri mantra or Aditya Hridayam stotra daily.
- Wearing a ruby gemstone or a 12-mukhi rudraksha.
- Donating wheat, jaggery, copper, or red clothes to the poor or to a temple on Sundays.
- Fasting on Sundays or eating only wheat bread and jaggery.
- Meditating on the Sun or a red lotus.
Moon: The Moon represents our mind, emotions, intuition, imagination, mother, and happiness. If the Moon is weak or afflicted in our chart, we may face problems such as mood swings, depression, anxiety, fear, insecurity, loneliness, lack of mental peace, health issues related to stomach, lungs, blood, etc.
Some of the remedies for Moon are:
- Chanting or listening to the Chandra mantra or Chandra Ashtakam daily.
- Wearing a pearl gemstone or a 2-mukhi rudraksha.
- Donating rice, milk, silver, or white clothes to the poor or to a temple on Mondays.
- Fasting on Mondays or eating only rice and milk.
- Meditating on the Moon or a white lotus.
Mars: Mars represents our energy, courage, action, passion, ambition, siblings, and enemies. If Mars is weak or afflicted in our chart, we may face problems such as lack of motivation, initiative, willpower, anger issues, violence, accidents, injuries, health issues related to blood, muscles, nerves, etc.
Some of the remedies for Mars are:
- Chanting or listening to the Mangal mantra or Mangal Kavach daily.
- Wearing a red coral gemstone or a 3-mukhi rudraksha.
- Donating red lentils, jaggery, copper, or red clothes to the poor or to a temple on Tuesdays.
- Fasting on Tuesdays or eating only red lentils and jaggery.
- Meditating on Mars or a red triangle.
Mercury: Mercury represents our intellect, communication, logic, learning, skills, business, and humor. If Mercury is weak or afflicted in our chart, we may face problems such as lack of intelligence, clarity, memory, speech, writing, learning difficulties, nervousness, restlessness, health issues related to skin, throat, nervous system, etc.
Some of the remedies for Mercury are:
- Chanting or listening to the Budh mantra or Budh Stotra daily.
- Wearing an emerald gemstone or a 4-mukhi rudraksha.
- Donating green gram, sugar candy, brass, or green clothes to the poor or to a temple on Wednesdays.
- Fasting on Wednesdays or eating only green gram and sugar candy.
- Meditating on Mercury or a green circle.
Jupiter: Jupiter represents our wisdom, knowledge, spirituality, guru, luck, expansion, and prosperity. If Jupiter is weak or afflicted in our chart, we may face problems such as lack of wisdom, faith, optimism, morality, generosity, opportunities, wealth, health issues related to liver, pancreas, fatigue, etc.
Some of the remedies for Jupiter are:
- Chanting or listening to the Guru mantra or Guru Stotra daily.
- Wearing a yellow sapphire gemstone or a 5-mukhi rudraksha.
- Donating yellow gram, turmeric, gold, or yellow clothes to the poor or to a temple on Thursdays.
- Fasting on Thursdays or eating only yellow gram and turmeric.
- Meditating on Jupiter or a yellow square.
Venus: Venus represents our love, beauty, art, romance, marriage, pleasure, luxury, and harmony. If Venus is weak or afflicted in our chart, we may face problems such as lack of love, affection, attraction, creativity, happiness, marital issues, relationship issues, health issues related to kidneys, reproductive system, diabetes, etc.
Some of the remedies for Venus are:
- Chanting or listening to the Shukra mantra or Shukra Stotra daily.
- Wearing a diamond gemstone or a 6-mukhi rudraksha.
- Donating white rice, sugar, silver, or white clothes to the poor or to a temple on Fridays.
- Fasting on Fridays or eating only white rice and sugar.
- Meditating on Venus or a white hexagon.
Some of the remedies for Saturn are:
- Chanting or listening to the Shani mantra or Shani Chalisa daily.
- Wearing a blue sapphire gemstone or a 7-mukhi rudraksha.
- Donating black gram, mustard oil, iron, or black clothes to the poor or to a temple on Saturdays.
- Fasting on Saturdays or eating only black gram and mustard oil.
- Meditating on Saturn or a black octagon.
Rahu: Rahu represents our illusion, deception, obsession, addiction, foreignness, innovation, and rebellion. If Rahu is weak or afflicted in our chart, we may face problems such as confusion, doubt, cheating, scams, sudden losses, mental instability, health issues related to brain, nervous, system poisoning etc.
Some of the remedies for Rahu are:
- Chanting or listening to the Rahu mantra or Rahu Kavach daily.
- Wearing a hessonite gemstone or an 8-mukhi rudraksha.
- Donating black gram, sesame seeds, iron, or blue clothes to the poor or to a temple on Saturdays.
- Fasting on Saturdays or eating only black gram and sesame seeds.
- Meditating on Rahu or a blue sphere.
Ketu: Ketu represents our detachment, liberation, spirituality, past life, hidden enemies, and sudden changes. If Ketu is weak or afflicted in our chart, we may face problems such as lack of direction, purpose, faith, isolation, fear of death, health issues related to stomach, intestine, infection, etc.
Some of the remedies for Ketu are:
- Chanting or listening to the Ketu mantra or Ketu Stotra daily.
- Wearing a cat’s eye gemstone or a 9-mukhi rudraksha.
- Donating brown gram, horse gram, gold, or brown clothes to the poor or to a temple on Tuesdays.
- Fasting on Tuesdays or eating only brown gram and horse gram.
- Meditating on Ketu or a brown star.