A Yellow Sapphire Gemstone is a naturally occurring Gemstone, consisting basically of corundum (aluminium oxide), and tinged with slight traces of iron – the metal which leads to its beautiful yellow hue. Found usually in igneous rocks and in alluvial deposits, this amazing stone has long held the admiration and wonder of all kinds of people – from travellers and explorers to kings and queens. Carving and cutting of the natural stone creates the brilliantly lit and cut gemstone that is one of the most valued of all precious stones. A yellow sapphire has considerable sparkle and might display different colours when viewed from different angles. Sapphires can be heat treated, diffused with beryllium or irradiated to preserve and enhance their yellow brilliance – but the naturally occurring sapphires are still the most valued.
Called pushparaga in Sinhalese and Sanskrit, and usually known in India as Pukhraj, the colour of the best yellow sapphire Gemstones has been considered to be the perfect amalgam of the yellow of a sunset evening and the blue tinge of a lotus flower. Sapphires are known for their extreme hardness – next only to diamond – and are today used for a wide range of industrial applications; including lasers, solid-state electronic devices and electronic wristwatches. But of course, the choicest use of sapphires is in jewelry – with necklaces, beads, rings, bands etc.
Did you know? One of the largest yellow Sapphires Gems ever found weighed nearly 2020 carats, and was called the Tomahawk Tiger. It was stolen and found nearly six years later!
Significance of the yellow sapphire Gems:
The yellow sapphire Stone is connected to the planet Jupiter. Jupiter, the largest planet in the solar system, is associated with virtues of luck and prosperity. Ruled by the Guru, the teacher, this planet propels a person towards happiness and fulfillment through use of wisdom, and thus the right use of the yellow sapphire Gemstone can benefit the same. As Jupiter is rightly called Guru (teacher) in Hindu mythology, one can especially bring himself/herself fortune in the fields of trade, analysis, teaching, professorship, law, trade, business etc. It balanced the Vishudha chakra which is the chakra for communication and expression. It enhances the self confidence and understanding skills of the wearer. It is very effective in healing diseases of the throat and lungs.
The Peela pukhraj is also associated with fertility and good marriage. It’s supposed to be beneficial for unmarried women (and men) who are looking for stability in future marriages, and also for married couples for peace and reduction in marital conflicts. In terms of ailments, the yellow sapphire, in touch with the wearer’s skin has numerous effects in eradicating throat and thyroid problems. The yellow sapphire gemstone, upon being bought and chiseled, might also carry negative energies, so the ring or stone can be detoxified by dipping it in water overnight.
How to Identify a Real Yellow Sapphire Gems:
- A real Yellow Sapphire Gems is one of the hardest known minerals. It can’t be scratched, even by steel and can be scraped only by diamond.
- It won’t show any colour changes if placed in milk for nearly a day
Properties of Yellow Sapphire Gemstones
- Planet: Jupiter
- Indian Name: Pukhraj
- Sanskrit Names: Pusparaga, Pushyarag, Puspa-Raja , Guru-Ratna
- Hardness: 9 (Mohs scale)
- Chakra: Vishuddha
- Cosmic Color: Light Blue
- Yellow sapphires are most famously found in Srilanka, Madagascar and Tanzania and also in India and Russia. The largest supplies of Sapphires now comes from Ceylone in Srilanka.
Care for your Yellow Sapphire Gems:
- The yellow sapphire Stone is very hard, and should be cleaned with warm detergent water and a soft brush.
How to wear after buying Yellow Sapphire Stones
- Only a Gem expert or a Chakra practitioner can guide you about the proper gemstone to wear and the wearing method. When worn as per Vedicgrace where the Gem is set with Bhasma and metal, it gives only beneficial results to the wearer.
- It should be worn on a Thursday
- Mantra: “Om Graam Greem Graum Sah Guruve Namaha”
- Best Day for wearing: Thursday
- Best Time for wearing: Pushya Nakshatra; Shukla Paksha