Cat’s Eye (Lahsuniya in Hindi) is a semi precious gemstone found in shades of colours like gray, black, honey and yellowish green.
Cats Eye should only be worn upon recommendation by an astrologer who has thoroughly studied your horoscope. In Vedic astrology, Cat’s Eye is the gemstone for the mythical planet ‘Ketu’ (also known as ‘Dragon’s Tail’ as it is the headless lower body of the shadow planet Rahu). Cat’s Eye is worn to nullify the malefic effects of Ketu in one’s horoscope..
Which Cat’s Eye Stone Should I Buy?
- Cat’s Eye (Lehsoonia) gemstone should ideally weigh at least 1/10th carats of your body weight. (60 kg body weight = 6 carat stone)
- The stone should preferably have high clarity, pure color and no chemical or heat treatments.
- Chrysoberyl Cats Eye (Ceylonese from Sri Lankan) is considered to be the best Cat Eye gemstone. Quartz Cats Eye is used as a substitute.
Cats Eye Benefits
- Cats Eye stone benefits most during the Dasa or the malefic phase of Ketu, the headless body of the shadow planet ‘Rahu’.
- Cats eye stone effects the health conditions of its wearer positively. It is believed that sudden health related traumas requiring crucial surgeries are mostly caused due to the malefic effects of Ketu in one’s horoscope and wearing cat eye stone benefits in nullifying the negative effects of Ketu.
- Wearing Cats Eye results in the growth of a person’s wealth and improves their financial conditions.
- Cats Eye gemstone benefits the business or the professional life of its wearer. It is known to revive declining Businesses or financial ventures.
- Cats Eye protects its wearer from road accidents, envy of their foes, debts, poverty and other such diabolical situations.
- Ketu is considered a spiritual and religious planet. One of the benefits of wearing cat’s eye gemstone is that a person feels content, detached from worldly desires and interested in spirituality.
Cats Eye Quality
Cat’s Eye is a unique gemstone and has been named so because of its striking resemblance to the eye of a cat. This resemblance is caused by the phenomenon known as ‘Chatoyancy’ displayed because of the presence of unique white lines on the surface of the gemstone that look like reflection of light.
- The quality of Cats Eye depends upon its Cut, Color and Clarity. The stone should have a smooth surface and be free of spots and natural inclusions. The color should be pure and uniform.
- For Astrological purpose, the Cats Eye’s quality depends mainly on the absence of spots and blemishes and less on color.
- The cut and shape of Cats Eye only has ornamental significance and not astrological. However, it is considered better to have a neatly polished and round surface.
Where Should I Buy Natural Cats Eye?
Be careful as many dealers sell treated or synthetic Cat’s Eye having less or no astrological effects. Some unethical jewelers pass off Quartz Cat’s Eye as Chrysoberyl Cat’s Eye to unsuspecting customers. Therefore, when you buy Cats Eye Online, ensure that you get a Lab Certificate of its authenticity from a Reputed Lab and that the dealer is ready to get the gemstone certified from any reputed lab of your choice (careful: there are fake labs as well!).
The seller should also have a clear refund policy and hopefully, a large presence (larger organizations are likely to be more careful about their brand and stay away from unethical practices).
You can buy Cats Eye online at Gempundit where the original Cat’s Eye stone prices are reasonable and quality, the best. We value your trust above anything else and therefore, provide a free lab certificate which ensures that your Cats Eye gemstone is 100% natural. Also, you can pay Cash on Delivery as we provide Free Shipping for our products worldwide. We also have a customer-friendly Return and Refund policy.
Which Is The Best substitute for Cats Eye?
Good quality Chrysoberyl Cat’s Eye might be a little expensive for many people. Therefore, you can go for a Quartz Cat’s Eye, which is much cheaper, as a substitute for Chrysoberyl Cat’s Eye. However, substitutes are astrologically less effective than the primary stone.
Gemstones Related To Cats Eye
There are many names of Cat’s Eye gemstone that are popular among people. Some of the names and their alternate spellings are:-
- Vaidurya or Vaidoorya
- Sootramani or Sutra Mani
- Lehsuniya, Lehsooniya, Lasuniya, Lahsuniya
- Viduraja or Vidooraja
- Vidalaksha or Bidalaksh